Let's be completely honest: suppliers are chosen by two main criteria – quality and price. If what we're offering is exactly what you need, we could be a flying circus instead of a cooperative and we could still strike a partnership!
-  Can Slobodna domena issue an invoice?
- Of course. We are registered with the Commercial Court in Zagreb and we pay VAT. Our invoices go through the books just like at any other company. The only difference is that you're satisfied with the invested/gained ratio when you pay one of our invoices. answers to all questions →
-  What is a cooperative, anyway?
- Simpy put, it's a hybrid between a company and an association. A cooperative is a legal entity with rights and obligations of a regular company. answers to all questions →
Still, here's a friendly warning: working with Slobodna domena is something completely different. Even though they all say this, we indeed are an organization that does business honestly and without calculation or cutting corners.
You can count on absolute transparency, maybe even more than you can handle. The reason for this is our internal structure – as a democratic organization, we function in a transparent manner and to the benefit of both sides. 3
-  What do you mean when you say you're a democratic organization?
- Our cooperative gathers persons who invest their resources, knowledge, experience, time and energy into common goals and causes, defined by the Cooperative rules. As an organization, we follow a structure in which, through the Assembly, every member has the right to vote and access our documents. This is why we work transparently and responsibly, in accordance with our goals. answers to all questions →
-  Do you only work on non-profit projects?
- We do not. It's true that we choose you as much as you choose us, but our main motivation is working on projects which we consider healthy and sustainable. We support commercial projects and we're happy when our clients' businesses are thriving. After all, it's in our best interest too. Still, we work on parallel non-profit projects and we've started some ourselves. answers to all questions →
-  What does "Cooperative for open code and design" mean? Is everything you do open source?
- As professionals, we've learned a lot from our colleagues. The open code and design movement has enabled us to get insight into information that we normally couldn't access. We believe that information sharing is the catalyst of progress, which is why we encourage the publishing of our own works under the Creative Commons license. Of course, we're not fanatics – we'll try to talk you into it, but we fully understand that there are situations where this approach isn't appropriate or you're simply not up for it, which is totally fine by us. answers to all questions →