Slobodna domena, open source and design cooperative is a transparent, democratic and socially responsible organization, founded to set up and support various initiatives with the common goal of defending and expanding the definition of common goods, the just distribution of surplus values, promoting equality, fighting discrimination and nurturing democratic decision-making. It gathers designers, programmers, engineers and other creative individuals with the common goal of providing complete professional services. 1
-  Can Slobodna domena issue an invoice?
- Of course. We are registered with the Commercial Court in Zagreb and we pay VAT. Our invoices go through the books just like at any other company. The only difference is that you're satisfied with the invested/gained ratio when you pay one of our invoices. answers to all questions →
Slobodna domena supports its members' projects in social entrepreneurship, social economy, cooperativism, democratic participation, fair trade and sustainable development. 3
-  What do you mean when you say you're a democratic organization?
- Our cooperative gathers persons who invest their resources, knowledge, experience, time and energy into common goals and causes, defined by the Cooperative rules. As an organization, we follow a structure in which, through the Assembly, every member has the right to vote and access our documents. This is why we work transparently and responsibly, in accordance with our goals. answers to all questions →
Our cooperative promotes the sharing of knowledge, information and ideas and supports digital technologies as tools of direct communication. 5
-  What does "Cooperative for open code and design" mean? Is everything you do open source?
- As professionals, we've learned a lot from our colleagues. The open code and design movement has enabled us to get insight into information that we normally couldn't access. We believe that information sharing is the catalyst of progress, which is why we encourage the publishing of our own works under the Creative Commons license. Of course, we're not fanatics – we'll try to talk you into it, but we fully understand that there are situations where this approach isn't appropriate or you're simply not up for it, which is totally fine by us. answers to all questions →
We consider ourselves a non-profit organization. Our members don't receive profit payouts, we work for a monthly wage and all surplus value is redirected to our Solidarity Fund that supports new projects in accordance with our goals and values.
Slobodna domena Zadruga za otvoreni kod i dizajn, Trg senjskih uskoka 8, HR-10000, Zagreb
e-mail: email@example.com Tax Number: HR34986787710 Governor: Marko Vuković
Account number: HR0424020061100825796 Bank: ERSTE. SWIFT: ESBCHR22